OLLI course The Impact of Fukushima & Iran’s Nuclear Program 2012
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI)
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at the University of Minnesota is a vital community of older adults who are brought together by their intellectual curiosity and love of learning. An affiliated program of the university's College of Continuing Education, OLLI offers a wide range of volunteer-led courses and activities. "A health club for the mind" is the OLLI motto, and the organization's enthusiastic members make full use of their club's many programs.
Founded in 1995 as the Elder Learning Institute, OLLI at the U of M joined the national network of lifelong-learning institutes supported by the Bernard Osher Foundation in 2004. Today the organization has more than 1200 dues-paying members and offers around 350 stimulating courses each year. The volunteer course leaders are experts in their fields and eager to share their knowledge with others. There are no tests and no grades—just the excitement of learning and discussing something new.
OLLI also offers a wide range of programs outside the classroom. Members can choose from more than 30 Special Interest Groups centered on activities ranging from knitting and play reading to kayaking and discussing articles in Scientific American. Travel programs related to OLLI courses provide another opportunity to make new friends and share interests. Recent trips have taken OLLI members to Brazil, Portugal, and Spain, where eating new and delicious cuisine was an important part of the learning experience.
If you are interested in sharing knowledge and friendship with a community of like-minded people, take a look at what OLLI has to offer. It might be just the right club for you!
Are you already an OLLI Member?
Click the button below to access and manage your account.
Not a member yet?
OLLI Course Registration for Fall Term 2014
OLLI will be trying out a registration pilot project that we hope will break up the “traffic jam” on registration day and result in a smoother experience for OLLI members. Here’s how it will work:
Phase I: Renew Your Membership Early
• You will receive e-mails in July requesting that you renew your membership ASAP.
• You can renew your membership right now. Just sign into your account on the OLLI webpage, click on the “OLLIreg” button, select “Annual Membership”, select “Add to Cart”, select “Checkout” and pay $210.
• Need help? Call the office (612-624-7847) with your credit card ready and we will renew with you.
• Prefer to pay by check? Mail your check to: OLLI, 250 McNamara Alumni Center, 200 Oak St. SE., Mpls MN 55455 and write “Membership” in the memo line.
Phase II: Break Up Registration into Two Days
• Register on Tuesday, August 26, if you want to take a course that meets on Mondays or Tuesdays. (Note that you will not have access to Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday courses on Tue., Aug. 26)
• Register on Thursday, August 28, if you want to take a course that meets on Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays.
• If you want to take one course that meets on Mondays and one course that meets on Thursdays, either register for the Monday course on August 26 and then the Thursday course on August 28, or wait until August 28 and register for both courses.
• How will mail-in registrations be handled? Same as above. The office will process registrations for Monday and Tuesday courses on August 26, and Wednesday, Thursday, Friday courses on August 28.
|Winter 2015||Spring 2015||Summer 2015|
Jan. 6, 2015
Mar. 10, 2015
May 19, 2015
Term Start - End
Sept. 15 - Nov 7
|Jan. 20 - Feb. 27||Mar. 23 - May 15||Jun. 1 - Jun. 26|
Please click above to read the class cancellation policy and procedures.