Bridge Safety Inspection Refresher Training
The Minnesota Department of Transportation, in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration and the University of Minnesota, College of Continuing Education, are pleased to offer seven Minnesota Bridge Safety Inspection Refresher Training seminars to be held at various statewide locations in February and March, 2015.
Register online by selecting the date of the courses below.
Who Should Attend
To maintain MnDOT certification as a Bridge Safety Inspection “Team Leader”, attendance is required at a minimum of two bridge inspection refresher training seminars during each 4 year re-certification period.
- County, City, or Consultant Engineers who are designated as bridge inspection “Program Administrators” are required to attend a minimum of two bridge inspection seminars every four years.
- Individuals who assist in bridge inspections are not required to attend, but are welcome and encouraged to do so.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation conducts Bridge Safety Inspection Refresher Training each year to improve the quality of inspections, introduce new equipment and techniques, and maintain consistency and reliability throughout the state-wide network of bridge safety inspection programs.
Speakers will discuss a variety of issues that surround key topics, and use visual presentations with handouts to deliver the core of this training. Seven seminars, with different locations and dates, are available to choose from. Regardless of location, all participants will receive comparable training.
- Statewide Bridge Inspection Update
- NBE Structural Element Implementation Plan
- New MnDOT Bridge Recording & Coding Guide
- Structural Cracking in Reinforced Concrete Pier Caps
Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) and Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) staff
- The seminar fee is $85 and includes training materials, lunch and refreshments breaks.
- Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. Seminars are scheduled from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Class space is limited and early registration is highly recommended.
For Registration Questions Contact: Teresa Washington, University of Minnesota (612) 624-3745, email@example.com
For Curriculum Questions Contact: Pete Wilson, MnDOT (651) 366-4574, firstname.lastname@example.org
2015 Dates and Locations
Register online by selecting the date of the courses below, or print out a PDF copy of the registration form to mail or fax in.
February 5, 2015 - Hiway Federal Credit Union, 840 Westminster Street, St. Paul
February 12, 2015 - MnDOT District 3B, Headquarters, 3725 12th Street No., St. Cloud
February 19, 2015 - Carlton County Public Works, 1630 County Road 61, Carlton
February 26, 2015 - Sanford Center, 1111 Event Center Drive NE, Bemidji
March 12, 2015 - Courtyard Marriott, 901 Raintree Road, Mankato
March 19, 2015 - Ramada Hotel & Conference Center, 1517 16th Street SW, Rochester
March 26, 2015- Hennepin County Public Works, 1600 Prairie Drive, Medina