School of Nursing Telehealth Nurse Presenter
Welcome to the School of Nursing Telehealth Nurse Presenter online program for continuing education. This course is sponsored by the Great Plains Telehealth Resource and Assistance Center (TRAC).
This is an online continuing education course to teach essential knowledge about the role of the telehealth nurse presenter. It includes information about current telemedicine and telehealth practice as well as future directions. Key information about telehealth equipment, preparing and conducting a telehealth visit, and continuity of care following a telehealth visit are addressed.
Prepare nurses to effectively provide care as a telehealth nurse
- Describe the benefits of telemedicine and telehealth to obtain specialty consultations.
- Explain the role of the telehealth nurse presenter in preparing, conducting, and providing follow up care for telehealth visits.
- Demonstrate knowledge for safe use of telehealth equipment.
- Relate health policy, quality improvement, and ethical and legal principles to telehealth nursing practice.
Registered nurses interested in effectively providing care as a telehealth nurse presenter.
(Modules included within the single course)
- Module 1 - What is Telehealth?
- Module 2 - Goals of Telehealth Nursing
- Module 3 - Steps to Implementation
- Module 4 - Use of Telemedicine Equipment and Peripherals
- Module 5 - The Telemedicine Consult
- Module 6 - Coordination of Care for a Telemedicine consult
- Module 7 - Promoting Quality in Telemedicine
- Module 8 - Legal and Ethical Issues
- Module 9 - Future of Telehealth
- Final - Successfully pass the final simulation activity to receive a certificate of completion.
Acknowledgment / Disclaimer
The program is funded by a grant (grant No. G22IT16263) from Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) in coordination with the University of Minnesota School of Nursing. The School of Nursing does not endorse any of the products shown in these modules.
Procedure for Registering and Accessing the Online Course
The course will be accessed through the University of Minnesota Moodle site. Follow a few simple steps to access the modules. Please read through the instructions thoroughly before registering and accessing the course.
Step 1: Register for the course on the Registration page.
Step 2: You will receive an e-mail communication acknowledging your registration and then alerting you that your course is ready. NOTE: Upon access, you will have 90 days in which to complete the course.
Step 3: Follow the instructions within the course. A program learner assessment in the form of a quiz will be required for participants to complete at the end.
To receive CE credit for a module, you will have to pass an assessment quiz with a score of 80 percent or greater, and complete the module evaluation. Quizzes are scored automatically and you will be able to see your scores within a few moments after completing the assessment quiz. Upon successful completion of the course, successful passing of all nine module quizzes at 80 percent and the evaluation for each module, email School of Nursing Continuing Education at NursCE@umn.edu.