Intensive English Program
The University of Minnesota began offering English as a Second Language (ESL) courses and programs in 1968. Since then, we've welcomed thousands of students from over 80 countries.
Intensive English courses provide language skills development with experiential learning outside the classroom and effective use of advanced computer technology to help you achieve your academic, professional, or personal goals.
Students who participate in our program must be high school graduates, at least 17 years old, and able to speak, understand, read, and write English well enough to benefit from a class taught entirely in English.
Key Program Benefits
- Full-time classes (typically 25 hrs./week) at the high beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels
- Rigorous, academically focused classes
- Friendly, highly skilled teachers
- Small classes
- Advising and support services designed for international students
- Access to the University's many resources and facilities
- An urban campus in an attractive, medium-sized city with ample cultural and entertainment opportunities
- Noncredit courses: University admission not required
Please contact us at:
- Phone: 612-624-1503 or 1-800-234-6564, if outside the Twin Cities metropolitan area
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 20 Nicholson Hall, 216 Pillsbury Drive S.E., Minneapolis, MN 55455